Sunday, January 31, 2010

Broccoli Craisin Salad

K, so I know that you are all thinking "Another Broccoli Craisin salad?" cuz really we've all tried one and it always tastes the same! now don't think I dont love broccoli salad cuz I do but this one has a little bit of a twist...

1/2 A bag of frozen Broccoli
2 cups of frozen Corn
A handful of craisins
Soy nuts
Pecans (not the sugared kind)
1/4 of a Purple onion

Dressing:
Mayonaise
Sugar
Garlic powder
Pepper
Vinegar
Oil
Water

Combine the salad ingredients the night before and put them in the fridge to defrost together.
make the dressing. I didn't place amounts because I really don't remember how much of everything I used but just put a bit of everything until it is nice and creamy but not to thick - you want it to be able to pour easily... Pour it over the salad an hour before serving so that it has the chance to sink in! Enjoy!

Note: I discovered frozen corn and I love it! It's got this nice crunch to it that canned corn doesn't have and it has this fantastic yellow colour to it! start using it and you'll see what i mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment